Jimmy no!!!! don't go to Dallas!!!
2006 Draft Projection
* denotes underclassman
1. Houston -- *Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2. New Orleans -- Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Tennessee -- *Vince Young, QB, Texas
4. New York Jets -- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
5. Green Bay -- *Mario Williams, DE, NC State
6. Oakland -- A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State
7. San Francisco -- DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama
8. Buffalo -- *Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
9. Detroit -- Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
10. Arizona -- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
11. St. Louis -- *Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
12. Cleveland -- Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa
13. Baltimore -- Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
14. Philadelphia -- *Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
15. Atlanta -- Michael Huff, DB, Texas
16. Miami -- *Winston Justice, OT, USC
17. Minnesota -- *LenDale White, RB, USC
18. Dallas -- Jimmy Williams, DB, Virginia Tech
19. San Diego -- *Ko Simpson, DB, South Carolina
20. Kansas City -- *Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State
21. New England -- Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State
22. Denver (from Wash.) -- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
23. Tampa Bay -- Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
24. Cincinnati -- Claude Wroten, DT, LSU
25. New York Giants -- *Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State
26. Chicago -- *Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
27. Carolina -- *Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
28. Pittsburgh -- *Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State
29. Jacksonville -- Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP
30. Indianapolis -- *Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
31. Denver -- *Darnell Bing, DB, USC
32. Seattle -- *Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
Jimmy no!!!! don't go to Dallas!!!
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
I think he would be better suited for the Oakland Raiders.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Jimmy no!!!! don't go to Dallas!!!
[/ QUOTE ]
Amen! and I am a Dallas fan! My choice would be for Jay Cutler to have horrible workouts and fall to the Boys.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Looks like EJ's days in Indy are numbered, Mega. I love Edge, but they need a bigger more physical guy. A fullback would be a good addition too.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
SAY WHAT??? How bout giving the guy enough carries in the playoffs. Geez I hope they get rid of him so he can go to a team that would use him in the playoffs. My god Indy has been losing for years in the playoffs simply for not giving him the ball. They were as panicky as it got after pittsburgh scored, they didnt even try to give the ball to Edge to slow the pass rush down. Then they do give him the ball, get a field goal out of it and he doesnt touch the ball much the rest of the day. Indy deserved to lose. They did the same crap in the snow at NE a few years ago. Edge was running the ball down their throats and then they let Manning start throwing, all of a sudden, multiple interceptions and they lose.
I'll tell you whatt, we will give you Benson since you want a physical running back and we will be happy to take Edge. Damn Ive heard it all, one of the top 3 running backs in the league and youd rather have Bettis on your team. I could understand if you said, Edge isnt worth what hes gonna get paid, but to say youd rather have a running back more physical is disturbing. I hope they get Ron Dayne so when his ass doenst touch the ball but 5 times in the playoffs, Indy will still be physical on those 5 carries. Maroney is no more physical than James, he is a product of Glenn Mason's monster offensive lines at Minnesota.
If Jay Cutler goes to the Cowboys...I will just have to find another fav QB
No Regrets
That's not what I'm saying at all. I love EJ. There are few to anyone I'd prefer over him. I'm just saying with the Mock Draft you posted, it looks like they maybe going with more of a pound it out type. You can't get much better than EJ in terms of run/catch. I wouldn't mind them getting a fb and a big 230-240lb guy though who can get tough yards. I'd prefer them to keep EJ, but it's not going to happen. They showed that last year by trying to get rid of him for a second round pick.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Maroney isnt the guy man, Mason has guys like Greg Eslinger creating huge holes for him. If you like Steven Jackon, then youll like Maroney. They are about the same player, but Steven Jackson was always compared to Edge so I dont know what to tell ya. I understand that Indy might get rid of him, but I believe it will be because of his price tag more than anything. You can get a short yardage back about anywhere in the draft, look at Brandon Jacobs last year.
I'm definately not saying Maroney is the man either. Like I said, if I had my druthers, they'd keep James. They just offered him up to anyone last year though for a second round pick and no one bit. The Colts have gotten lucky in the draft, I'm just hoping they find someone servicable.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Bookmarks